Sunday, September 13, 2020

12. The Duplicate

By Wiliam Sleator  

Read this within 2 days.  First at the playground where my daughter & her BFF spent a good 90 minutes running around (and this was after the switch off with Olman) and then on a rainy Sunday. 

Published in 1988, my nice hardcover copy purchased at Dark Carnival is shown here.  I originally bought it as a xmas present for my teen nephew-in-law, but I ended up giving him something else.  I know, what an aunt, eh?  But I can still pass it on to him now that both myself and Olman have read it (if I ever see him again as these are pandemic times and he lives in the U.S.). There is always the mail.

The Duplicate is a tight, claustrophobic psychological sci fi thriller for young adults.  The story was also much darker than expected, so not something my kid should read until she’s at least 13!  

 

 


 


No comments: